Jonathan Silva is particularly interested on the development of new repertoire for the vibraphone and the collaboration with other musicians and artists from other areas such as Theatre or Painting to create and explore new perspectives and attract new audiences for the so-called “Art Music”.
Nowadays Jonathan teaches percussion at Conservatório de Música da JOBRA, is the solo timpanist at Orquestra Clássica do IPP and founding member of NoMad Duo (percussion+euphonium) alongside Yamaha’s Artist Ricardo Antão and Apophenia together with fellow percussionist Jorge Lima . As a freelance musician Jonathan Silva already collaborated with Remix Ensemble Casa da Música, Drumming Grupo de Percussão, Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto Casa da Música, Orquestra Gulbenkian, Banda Sinfónica Portuguesa, Orquestra Clássica do Centro and Orchestra Internazionale d’Italia and is part of the back-up list of Orquestra Filarmonia das Beiras and Orquestra Filarmónica Portuguesa.
After beginning to study percussion at Aveiro’s Conservatory and University, he pursued studies at ESMAE (Porto) with Miquel Bernat, Manuel Campos, Jeffery Davis, Nuno Simões, Fernando Llopis and Michael Lauren, among others. During the bachelor Jonathan also studied at the Hochschule für Musik Detmold (Germany) with Peter Prommel and Fumito Nunoya, Sven Polkotter and Mike Turnbull, to name a few. Finally, in 2020, Jonathan finished the Diplome de Spécialisation on vibraphone at the Conservatoire de Strasbourg where he studied with Emmanuel Séjourné.
As a student Jonathan worked with several percussionists besides his teachers, such as Pedro Carneiro, Nuno Aroso, André Dias, Bruno Costa, Rui Sul Gomes, Dominique Vleeshouwers, Christian Dierstein, Nick Woud, Michael Lauren, Mark Ford, Katarzyna Micka, Kuniko Kato, Ji-Hye Jung, Svet Stoyanov, among others.
- 22/05 – Solo Recital at Aveiro Síntese, Teatro Aveirense, Aveiro
- 15/4 – NoMad Duo at Centro de Artes de Águeda
- 10/4 – Banda Sinfónica Portuguesa at Coliseu do Porto Ageas
- 26/3 – Banda Sinfónica Portuguesa at Sé do Porto
- 6 / 3 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Vila do Conde
- 26 / 2 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Teatro Cine, Pombal
- 25 / 2 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Coliseu do Porto Ageas, Porto
- 29 / 1 – Orquestra da Costa Atlântica at Teatro Municipal de Vila do Conde
- 15 / 1 – Orquestra Filarmonia das Beiras at Centro de Artes de Águeda, Águeda
- 14 / 1 – Orquestra Filarmonia das Beiras at Teatro Municipal de Vila Real, Vila Real
- 9 / 1 – Orquestra Filarmonia das Beiras at Cinema – Gemini, Oliveira de Azeméis
- 8 / 1 – Jop Alumni playing “Timber” by Michael Gordon at OCP, Lisbon
- 1 / 1 – Orquestra Filarmonia das Beiras at Teatro Aveirense, Aveiro
- 4 / 12 – NoMad Duo at Casa da Cidade Criativa da Música, Leiria
- 27 /11 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Teatro Municipal José Lúcio da Silva, Leiria
- 26 /11 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Teatro Municipal Constantino Nery, Matosinhos
- 23 / 11 – NoMad Duo at Festivais de Outono, Aveiro
- 25 / 10 – NoMad Duo at InMusic – to be broadcasted on January 2nd at CanalQ (recorded at Teatro Aveirense).
- 30 / 09 – É com certeza uma Tasca Portuguesa at Teatro Aveirense, Aveiro
- 24 / 09 – Orquestra do Teatro at Auditório Municipal, Gaia
- 18 / 09 – NoMad Duo at São 7 na Eira, Oiã
- 14 / 09 – Remix Ensemble Summer Academy at Casa da Música, Porto
- 12 / 09 – Remix Ensemble Summer Academy at Casa da Música, Porto
- 05 / 09 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Coliseu do Porto
- 04 / 09 – Orquestra Clássica do IPP at Coliseu do Porto
- 24 / 08 – NoMad Duo at Gravíssimo Festival (Alcobaça)
- 22 / 07 – Apophenia Duo, Murtosa